Killea National School is situated in a rural setting in the townsland of Park, about three miles from Templemore. It was opened as a school on September 17th 1894 with two teachers. This situation continued until 1979 when, due to declining numbers, Killea National School was reduced to a one teacher school. It retained this status until 1991 when there were sufficient pupils on roll again to appoint an assistant teacher.
Today, Killea National School has a teaching staff of two including the teaching Principal. We also share an S.E.T teacher with St Joseph’s Primary School, Templemore.
Accommodation consists of two classrooms, an office, a staffroom and a portacabin for art. We have a hard surfaced play area which is about adequate for the number of children on roll and a playing field to the side of the school which is used by the children in good weather.